Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays

Today's dinner creation was not appreciated by my panel of judges. When I tasted it, I thought it was okay, but it was missing something, and I couldn't find the original recipe to back up my belief. Since I was in a hurry to leave the house tonight, I didn't take the time to add to it and recreate the dish, so it's sorta a bland recipe. If you all try it, let me know what you added to spice it up a bit :)

Sous Chef: Megan

Recipe: Chicken Salad Sandwich (can't find my recipe, but I originally got it from my sister, Amber)

1- 12 oz. can chicken (however I think it tastes much better with fresh cooked chicken, not canned)
4 T. mayonnaise
4 T. apricot jam
2 T. green onion, finely sliced
2 T. celery, diced (which I did not add tonight)
pine nuts (I added until it looked good)
salt and pepper to taste

WHAT am I forgetting?? Perhaps a little Johnny's Seasoning Salt...I'm pretty sure I've added it in the past, but I didn't tonight. Maybe more green onion to the mix or adding a vegetable on the sandwich like lettuce, tomato or cucumber? UPDATE: I talked to my sister who gave me the recipe and she said that she usually adds cumin, so that might be it! :)

Mix and insert between sliced croissants.

Children's Critiques ~

Megan: "It's okay."
Zachary: "Ick, ick, ick!"
Anna: "Blah!"
Amelia: "Bad."

No comments: