Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweet Sundays

This weekend we ordered a couple crates of peaches and since fruit crisps are my favorite, I decided to make a Peach Crisp! However, I especially love Apple Crisp, and we had some apples that needed to be used up, so we made a small pan of each! The battle is on... APPLE vs. PEACH...you decide! :)

Sous Chef: Brian

Recipe: Apple OR Peach Crisp

6 medium apples (or peaches)
½ cup sugar (I very seldom add this; depends on fruit sweetness)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 T flour (I forgot the flour in the peach dish and it still turned out great)

Topping (I always DOUBLE this topping...below is not doubled)

½ cup margarine
¾ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ cup quick oatmeal, uncooked
½ cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Slice, core and peel enough apples to fill 9x13 pan, about 6 medium apples. Toss apples with ½ c. sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 3 T. flour. Mix remaining ingredients as topping. Crumble topping mixture over apples. Bake 45 minutes. (I think this recipe only ever needs 30 minutes!)

Voting Outcome~

Brian: Peach

Emily: Peach (only because the peaches were more juicy and made for a really nice fruity syrup when they were cooked with the sugary topping :)

Megan: Apple

Zachary: Peach

Anna: She didn't want to have any because she was still full from dinner (I'm really not sure if she is my child...passing up dessert, couldn't be!! ;)

Amelia: Both!

No comments: