Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thirsty Thursdays


This is an anvanced, tasty version of warm milk...very mildly sweet drink for a cold night :)

Sous Chef: Anna

Recipe: Hot Vanilla (by Family Fun)

1/2 cup whipping cream
1 T. chocolate syrup
dash of cinnamon
1 cup of milk (per drink)
2 tsp. sugar (per drink)
1/2 tsp. vanilla (per drink)

Start with the topping.  In a medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup whipping cream until it's frothy.  Add 1 T. chocolate syrup and a dash of cinnamon, then continue to whip the mixture until everything is well blended and peaks form.  Makes enough to top about 6 drinks.

For each hot vanilla, microwave 1 cup of milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a mug for 90 seconds. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Top with a dollop of chocolate cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a dash of cinnamon.

Critiques ~
Megan: "Tastes good...once you add more sugar."
Zachary: "Needs to be more sweet."
Anna: "Wonderful!"
Amelia: "Good...(a little bit later)...I don't like it no more."
My opinion: "I really liked it as a warm, comfort treat...it's not a sweet, dessert type drink."

NEW FEATURE....I've been wanting to add nutritional stuff for those of us who are concerned about watching our weight.  I have tried to follow the Weight Watcher programs to help lose or maintain my weight, depending on what stage of life I've been going through....so, for that reason I will most likely post the Weight Watcher Point values for an item, not necessarily all the health benefits of each ingredient.  Hope this helps you all...I know it will help me! :)

Weight Watcher Points for one cup of Hot Vanilla (using 2% milk...but the point value could be lowered 1 point by using fat free milk):
5.5 points (that includes 2 T. whipped cream and 1 tsp. chocolate syrup that is in the whipped cream and a small amount drizzled on top).

No comments: