Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Sundays


Last month I helped with a baby shower for a friend and we used a "nesting theme"...cute little owls and such.  I volunteered to do the favors for the guests, and with the help and ideas from creative friends, I chose to make Bird Nest Bites.  We individually wrapped them in small, plastic bags with a tag and ribbon loop and hung them from branches that were secured in a metal bucket that was filled with large rocks...darling!! :)

Recipe:  Bird Nest Bites

12 oz. bag chocolate chips
1/3 c. peanut butter
3 c. chow mein noodles
1 1/2 c. krispie rice cereal

Pour chips into 4 cup measuring bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and add peanut butter. Microwave 1 minute, or until just melted (too long and the chocolate might burn). Stir in noodles and cereal. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Drop spoonfuls of Bird's Nests on waxed paper...OR spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray and mold the nest mixture to create small "nests".  Add candy (egg-like pieces...I used jelly belly beans) on top of each "nest".  Let cool in refrigerator.

Critiques:  Everyone loved them...and they were very darling on the branches...I will post a picture soon of the set-up!

1 comment:

Kimberly Robinson said...

Yeah! I am sooo glad you posted these! They were THE MOST darling favors I have EVER SEEN. I would LOVE to make these for our Easter dinner table coming up! Wouldn't they be cute at each place setting? You are a genius.